YoraHome 6550 Laser driver

I have the yorahome 6550 cnc laser engraving machine. Can someone please give me simple instructions on how to install the driver on my Apple MacBook Pro computer? I am not computer literate at all and the yorahome email help system they have set up sucks!
Thank you in advance for your help!!

do you have the Mac version to download the CH340 driver? If not here’s one to download, It’s a .ZIP file so after downloading it will need to be un-compressed ch340g-ch34g-ch34x-mac-os-x-driver/CH34x_Install_V1.5.zip at master · adrianmihalko/ch340g-ch34g-ch34x-mac-os-x-driver · GitHub

Here’s the Mac Driver installation process step by step with photos, you can stop at the end of page 3 since you don’t need to install Candle for the laser. http://s3.amazonaws.com/s3.image.smart/download/101-60-280PRO/Candle_User_Manual_for_Mac.pdf

Well, our apologies on the email - your ticket was sent in on Monday (a holiday), and I sent you a response last night requesting additional info; but haven’t seen a response as yet.

Before jumping into the steps Seth noted, one caveat - it depends on the MacOS version you are running, as those drivers can cause issues with later versions of the OS.

If you are running Catalina or newer, you should not need a separate driver installed, as the CH340 is natively supported in the OS. In that case, you will need to simply install and setup the LightBurn software and go through the setup process for your machine.
Please note that LightBurn is not digitally signed, and will require you to allow it access to run properly in most MacOS versions, as noted on their website:
Please note that at this time, the MacOS version of LightBurn is not notarized. You will need to tell Mac OS that you trust the application and wish to run it anyway.

Instructions for that can be found here:

Here’s the information I requested in the email as well:
Good evening, Louie -

Apologies for the delay; catching up after the weekend.

For MacOS users, we need to verify a couple things to get you the best instructions - particularly the model of MacBook and version of MacOS.

1. Click the Apple icon in the top left corner of your Mac.
  2. This will bring up a drop-down menu. Pick the top option: About This Mac.
  3. The resulting window detail what type of Mac it is, e.g. iMac (27-inch, Late 2013)
  4. This window will also provide the OS version.

If you can get me that info, I will be able to assist more effectively.

Thank you!