Unable to get X, Y, & Z axis to work

Hi I have the Silverback and has been working well in spindle mode & openbuilds. I have just tried to setup the YoraHome 40w laser for the first time and when I try to jog in Lightburn the travel of the carriage wants to all go in negative directions for all axis whether I jog forward or back and same with X axis it only travels in right hand direction whether I jog left or right. Same with Z only goes up if jogging either direction.’ I have Lightburn version 1.1.04 and $32=1. I cant seem to find the $ setting to correct this. I have the laser setup with the long cable that came with the laser as the short cable I was using with my 3018Pro is too short to work with the Silverback. It is also in Laser mode on the control box. It worked fine with the 3018 without changing anything in GRBL except for the $32 setting
Any help would be appreciatred thanks

In lightburn which machine type was selected? (This is part of the initial setup and shows at the buttom right)

If the jogging works fine in openbuilds but not in lightburn that is very odd, you may want to return to opebbuilds for another test just to verify it still jogs properly over there, if it does than that will rule out loose wires as a possibly issue.

Thanks once again Seth, it was picking up my old 3018 GRBL setting, Resetup and correct now

1 Like

i think you were trying to set bottom left for home in lightburn when the silverback homes to top right. that will give you negative numbers when trying to move around as your going down and left from 0,0. all you would have had to change was where lightburn thought 0,0 was.

1 Like

Sorry Shawn it was going only oneway negatively when trying to Jog left or right. It was homing correctly rear right

1 Like

ok, i don’t think i am following you. would it go up and down correctly as directed by you? i just want to get an understanding of what you are asking. or saying.

1 Like

No it would only go one way when either jogging L or R, Up or Down and forward and back. If I jogged left it would go right and jog right it would go right. Or jogged forward it would go rear but still jogged rear when wanting to jog rear. etc.
But all good now it was just set on the old 3018 GRBL settings. Once resetup in Lightburn Device manual settings all is correct

2 Likes

ok gotcha, thanks for clearing that up for me.

1 Like