Silverback spindle slow to engage once "cut" has been started

Has anyone encountered an issue where the spindle doesn’t start turning once you start the “cut” in your g-code sender? I’ve had this happen a couple times and I’ve had to more or less hand start the spindle by quickly spinning the top part to get it to start rotating. It seems to be random when it does it. Although I notice it more frequently if I turn down the feed rate at the start of the cut to let it get the initial cuts at a slower feed rate (I don’t change the spindle speed). I’m still using the v-transfer (haven’t switched to openbuilds yet).

Also, I noticed that one of the spindle wires was rubbing on the spinning part of the top of the spindle and had worn part of the plastic off the wire. I wrapped it with electrical tape and then zip tied the wire where it can’t rub on the spindle housing while it was spinning.

1 Like

Check brushes, unscrew the plastic cap where the wire leads go and see if they are worn, yora Stocks replacements. As well it would be worth while blowing compressed air where the shaft enters the spindle. And yea I learned the hard way to always make sure something isn’t touching the spindle fan.

1 Like

I agree with Shawn - the brushes could be stuck along with a defective wire possibly, from rubbing on the fan

1 Like