"Silverback" 40w Laser does not turn off when moving from one burn to the next

I have the Silverback with the 40w Laser. For some reason it won’t shut down when moving from one engraved portion of my project to another creating a burn line in my project. How do I get that to turn off when moving? I use Lightburn as my engraving/cut software

1 Like

You need to switch $32 to a 1 (this tells the software you are using a laser, not a router).
With Lightburn, connect to the machine, then type $32=1 into the Command Line and hit Enter

4 Likes

That makes perfect sense, thanks. I will give that a try and will get back to you. I’m sure that’s exactly what I’m doing wrong.

Thanks

Bill

1 Like

@Chris_YoraHomeTeam is right, now, don’t forget to switch the $32 back to 0 when you use the spindle.

2 Likes

Roger that, I’m tracking now. Very glad YoraHome has a forum for discussion now.

Bill

2 Likes

Hey @Bill32725
Here’s a quick video I made just now showing some other neat features for new Lightburn users:

1 Like

Thanks Seth. Love it!

1 Like

Thanks Seth, I checked out that video and will set up Macros to enable/switch my laser and spindle now. That’s a great feature to have, thanks.

Bill

1 Like

One additional thing to verify with your configuration - some of the early Silverback machines have the $30 value set to 10000 - but LightBurn defaults to a “S-max” of 1000. This will cause a bit of conflict in the software, and you’ll end up with very low power, since it’s off by a factor.

1 Like

That worked, thanks a bunch!!

1 Like