Out of Square Y-axis

I seem to have an issue with the y-axis being out of square, I resurfaced the spoilboard, and it is about 1/4 inch higher on the far side than the close side. I measured the distance of the outer supports, and they are definitely about 1/4 inch difference between the left and right, the owners says not to move one motor manually, so how do you square up the y-axis?

1 Like

I assume you mean 1/4 inch farther back. Shut of the control board, this will disengage the stepper motors and allow manual twisting of the axis freely. Then you will want to use a ruler or square and make a measurement from a same exact location on either side and position either side an equal distance. I used the front green Frame brackets and measured to the roller plates.

1 Like

You may also want to make sure the front and rear frame rails are not holding the frame askew…

If the screws in the corners were tightened with the frame unlevel, it will cause a “twist” in the frame.

Due to the weight, it may not be noticeable when it’s just sitting there on a table - but if the table is unlevel as well, that may be part of the problem.

1 Like

Thanks! I was able to adjust it, and surface the spoilboard.

1 Like