Need Some Help - Feeling Stupid

Hi! New to all this and not I am even posting in the right place so please forgive me. I have gone through all the steps, can move everything front to back, side to side and up and down and can even turn the spindle on but when I hit carve nothing happens. A messge pops up and says it can’t locate my machine. The spindle continues to run. Any help would be appreciated. I know I am missing something small but can’t find it.

If you are running into a “can’t find the machine”, it sounds like some sort of communication error is happening - which unfortunately can be a number of things.

Just to confirm; latest drivers (both machine and Easel, assuming that’s what you’re using) are installed?
No other software that could be interfering with the port is open, including multiple tabs with Easel open?
Design setup indicates that something should be carving?

1 Like

Got it! Thanks for your help.

1 Like

Wait - what was the issue?
Just want to close the loop, so to speak, in case someone comes in here searching for a similar issue.

1 Like

Turns out it was a bad usb cable. Switched it out and now it is working fine. Thanks for your help!
Jack Carter

1 Like