Assembly video for the 6550-Pro

Does anyone know if there is a assembly video for the YouraHome 6550-Pro 40 watt machine?

1 Like

Tony is working on one and I believe is in the editing phase will be out soon.

1 Like

As Shawn noted, it is in progress - please note that Tony got his machine around the same time many of the customers first started to get their machines, so need a bit of time to get the video process completed.

We will announce when it is out and “ready for prime time”.

Thank you!

1 Like

Thank you for the update. I just received my machine yesterday which was a good thing as the 15 watt laser on my “old” 6550 died. I started to put the PRO together and wile the manual isn’t bad some of the pictures could use some help. :slightly_smiling_face: i am at the mounting of the Z axis. However, I did have a problem mounting the Drag Chain Support Bracket. The screws just would not screw in. I finely has to grab my Tap & Die set and cut a few threads in the Right Motor Assembly. Once I did that the screws started but they went in hard. It almost felt like the screws were cutting new threads. on one I could not screw it all the way in because the head of the screw rounded out. But I don’t think it will be an issue. I HOPE! I don’t know if the screw hole was cut a little small or just had tons of paint or what ever the metal is coated in.

Duane

1 Like

I’m getting mine delivered today, so I haven’t had a chance to see everything yet myself. Marc Cooper added a video in the user group for attaching the rollers. And making sure they are snug for extra assistance.

1 Like

Shawn, I found a oops. Either the wire coming from the x-axis gantry is to short or the step motor was installed wrong. I had to rotate 90* so plug-in was facing inwards. Sort of a PITA to do but what the hell is life without a few challenges. :smile: :upside_down_face:

Ok, on to the next step!!

1 Like

Where do i find the user group?

1 Like

Thank’s Seth. Hopefully someone will post a video on installing the X-axis timing belt very soon!! :confused:

1 Like

your able to slide the wire that is underneath the gantry to lengthen it on that side, on the right side mine was too long, and too short on the left. i feel ya, everything was assembled correctly however I don’t see any issues with what you did. And to answer your other question, in facebook search for “yorahome cnc user group”

1 Like

Thanks Shawn. Guess I’ll leave the step motor where it is unless there is a reason I need to move it back to the way it came. I only had trouble with the screws on that one piece. The rest were fine. What about the timing belt on the x-axis? Mine is super loose but don’t see a way to tighten it up. Even with the belt tensioner it still has way too much slack IMO. It’s not even close compared to the other two belts. If possible could you send a picture of your x-axis belt so I can compare it to mine? Maybe it is supposed to be on the loose side.
And I did find the user group. Didn’t even think of Facebook till this morning. Hope to get mine fired up tomorrow afternoon. Got to go to town for my wife’s Doctor appointment in the morning.
Duane

p.s. Sent this as an email because for some reason I can’t get the forum homepage to open. Hate our internet!!

1 Like

The belt doesn’t sit as tight in the rails, I sorta got my finger in there, so as long as the belt is inside the tensioner and and installed around the gear as my photo. I ran it a bit tonight and it worked perfectly.

1 Like

Thanks for the pictures, Shawn. Mine looks like it is looser but I’ll give it the “old smoke test” and see what happens. I might be worried about nothing.

Duane

1 Like