3018 Pro Installation on MacOs Monterey 12.4

Tried installing for the first time my 3018 Pro on my MacOS Monterey 12.4. Got lights but nothing else. Downloaded LaserGRBL, f360-easel and vectric-easel however none will install on my MacOS. Can anyone help me here with some info please. Not sure if I missed something along the way. I just want to get this thing going.

1 Like

With software you have to make sure you download the mac os specific versions of the software. With at said, lasergrbl does not have a Mac OS version, you are limited to lightburn only, they do have a 30day free trial. As well please make sure you are installing the Mac os specific drivers and not the windows drivers.

1 Like

Thanks Shawn I was looking for the MacOS drivers but must have missed it. Are they in the manual?

1 Like

They should be on the usb,

1 Like

OK thanks Shawn I’ll check it out and get back to you. Cheers

1 Like

Monterey should have native support for the CH340 drivers - installing additional drivers may actually cause a conflict.

Need to confirm communication with the machine, then get the appropriate Easel Local driver installed

1 Like

Thank you Jim, it appears I may need to start all over from scratch. I might uninstall and delete what I currently have and redo everything. Cheers

1 Like

Gentlemen, thank you so much for your advice. I finally got all sorted out correctly but there was still no communication between computer and machine. I had to search for the tiny little power button to turn the machine on and bigno it works. All I have to do now is work out how everything else works. Thank you and Cheers

1 Like

You’re not the first person to miss that little button…

Glad to see you got it working, please let us know if you need any additional assistance.

Also, check out this video we put together on some basic starting points - some screens have changed, but the general idea is still there.

1 Like